We got together with our wellbeing partners to ask them what they have in store for us this year - and we are excited to report that you’ll be spoilt for choices. Whether it’s new yoga classes and training, holistic holidays in stunning destinations, organic beauty products, ethical gifts or lifestyle products. They are all sure to inspire and bring balance to your body, mind and soul. So what are you waiting for? This year can be the beginning of your life!
1. WHAT’S NEW WITH YOUR COMPANY THIS YEAR?
2. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EXCITING PRODUCT OR EVENT TO LOOK FOR THIS YEAR?
3. WHERE DOES THE INSPIRATION FOR THIS YEAR COME FROM?
1. This year we are very excited to have introduced a completely new programme: The Art Studio. The Art Studio located on the picturesque Skyros Island, Greece, provides a truly inspirational setting in which to put pencil to paper, paint to pallette or lens to landscape under the expert guidance of the studio’s visiting artists. Holiday participants can join any of these courses with no experience or plenty, and know that they will return home with all the skills and encouragement necessary to pursue their creative vision with renewed vigour. Our courses range from Landscape Abstraction, Drawing & Painting, Photography, to Textile Art & Sketching. Better yet, with prices starting from just £595 for a week, including accommodation, two meals per day, art courses and also early morning yoga classes - it’s affordable too.
2. We have so much to choose from but the Salsa holiday in Havana is a definite must-do. The day begins with gentle yoga followed by talks led by Cubans on the history and culture of Cuba. Then, participants are free to stroll leisurely through the city, where they can enjoy Havana’s allure. Cuban salsa classes are held in the afternoon and are facilitated by a top Cuban dance tutor. Each participant has a local dance partner who will always be there to mentor each persons progress and ensure a high quality learning experience. Where better to learn salsa than in a country that breathes passion, culture, music & dance?
3. Feedback is big source for Skyros inspiration this year. Whether from the facebook page, feedback forms, emails or conversations with participants on the phone. We love hearing about what people want from their holidays or what they enjoyed, and it helps us to strive towards a better company each day. So don’t be strangers, get in touch with us.
1. More new designs! I am always on the look out for inspiring quotes and my focus this year is to find interesting quotes that celebrate the family - all family members, young and old even ones that may live far away.
2. I am currently working on a new product - not papercuts but I can’t reveal what it is exactly just yet though. However it still falls within my focus of families, celebration and memories. I can’t wait to reveal more when the time is right!
3. I normally find inspiration from what is going on around me - things that I experience within my family unit - and also things that I see when I am out and about.
1. This year mata yoga is growing a lot and introducing out first retreats in some exciting locations as well as even more classes and workshops in London. There’s going you be lots going on so keep an eye out and join the mailing list to keep up to date with our delicious new adventures.
2. I am really excited about the retreats coming up! There are going to be a few of them, all in beautiful sunny locations so that definitely gets me buzzing with joy. Already looking forward to sun salutations on the beach!
3. I am mostly inspired by the incredible people in my life. I have the pleasure of coming across such wonderful friends, teachers and students all of whom teach me something new every time I step on the mat, as a teacher or a student myself. It really is an honour being present with their inspirational spirits.
1. Launching our e-commerce website and achieving successful media coverage of our products in a number of well-known prime magazines. We are also looking forward to meet our fans at The Natural and Organic Products Europe 2013 Show - Natural Beauty & Spa, at Olympia. We will be exhibiting on 7-8 April 2013, stand 3124.
2. Essence of Morocco® Hammam Kit comprising all the quintessential products needed for an authentic Moroccan Hammam experience at home. Used with our Nourishing Moroccan Rose Body Argan Oil it can truly provide a relaxing, luxurious and pampering experience for all the senses.
3. As ever, from our traditional authentic Moroccan roots and our holistic, natural and organic approach to beauty!
1. Barberyn Resorts is turning 45 this year. It is officially the first ayurvedic resort in the world!
2. We have a number of yoga & ayurveda retreats planned for this year, with the yoga teachers from the UK. The nearest one is with Mollie McClelland that will encourage you to experience wellness, peace and deep healing.
3. Barberyn always takes its inspiration from the huge wisdom of Ayurveda, the science of life…
1. There are many new developments this year. We are especially excited about our new wellbeing range for professional men!
2. Just one is our aromatherapy gift set for men such as Executive Tie Box Aromatherapy Gift Set that makes a great gift for the professional man. This classical ‘Executive’ Tie box comes with a collection of fantastic toiletries, tie and matching handkerchief with the added bonus of the re-usability of a smart tie box.
3. This year, it must be male pampering!
1. Following the great success of Yogalaurent Holidays in Slovenia in 2012, this year I added 4 more dates, 2 more in Slovenia and 2 new ones in Morocco and the Atlas mountains.
2. Each Yoga holiday is unique and it follows the seasons. I chose April and May for Morocco because it is too hot in the summer and it is the best time of the year to practice Yoga, enjoy outdoor activities and relax in the sun. Slovenia is cooler and beautiful in May, July, August and September and our holidays there are very outdoor oriented with the usual Hatha Yoga practice in the morning and evening. This year I am also adding a long Yoga Nidra practice, a deep relaxation technique that I’ve learned and studied from the Satyananda style Yoga, the most traditional and purest practice.
3. The inspiration for my holidays comes from the demand from my students. Listening to what they want at a retreat and what sort of activities they need to unwind. I choose the venues very carefully to offer the right balance between calm and relaxation but also include excitement, new experiences and a lot of fun. My students can create their own holiday and I am very attentive to their demand. So my inspiration are my students and their needs and goals.
1. We’ve started the year by celebrating citrus season with our Seville orange marmalade kit and preserved lemon kit. Developed by Riverford’s pickling guru, Anna Colquhoun, the preserved lemon kit is an easy and tasty way to start pickling at home and add a North African flavour to your food whilst keeping the vitamin C content intact. The kit includes organic unwaxed lemons, spices, pretty jar labels and Anna’s failproof recipe. It suits experienced picklers and preserving novices alike, and brings an exotic zing to cooking. We’re also selling blood oranges which are full of flavour and again, vitamin C.
2. We have lots of new pickling and preserve kits lined up which will change seasonally. Expect kits like tangerine jam, rhubarb chutney and chilli jelly. They are fun to make and make great gifts too. We also have lots of other new products lined up and will be expanding our range throughout what promises to be an exciting year for Riverford.
3. After having such a difficult year in 2012 due to the weather, we are inspired by the thought of a better year in 2013 and celebrating seasonal organic produce once more! Fingers crossed…
1. We are launching our 500hr Program at apple Academy, which is really exciting, so teachers that hold a 200hr certificate can now train with appleyoga for their remaining 300hrs with some incredibly exciting teachers and training retreats.
2. Of course apart from the exciting news in apple Academy, I’m delighted to be launching my new Pregnancy Yoga DVD before Spring - it is just in the last stages of post production and has been a truly beautiful process for me as it has involved my own pregnancy and 10 years of teaching experience within that field.
3. My precious daughter, who was born in February. I can’t wait to be there for all the appleyoga students again in classes, trainings and retreats and I know these meetings will be from a truly special space within that will come from the experience of being a mother. I feel very grateful
1. We are expanding both our home fragrance & natural beauty ranges with exciting new items.
2. Our new Goddess Hand & Body Wash, which contains our best-selling argan oil.
3. As always our inspiration comes from ancient times - but at the same time, we are inspired to use basic natural ingredients to produce multi-purpose items suitable for modern living and wellbeing.
1. We’re very excited to announce that Huzur Vadisi has two additional venues for 2013, Suleyman’s Garden and The Pomegranate. We wanted to make sure we found new venues special enough to match Huzur Vadisi. We think that both Suleyman’s Garden and The Pomegranate, set in stunning locations, have the same ambience, attention to detail, great food and relaxed atmosphere as Huzur Vadisi. The three venues are located within an hour of each other on Turkey’s beautiful ‘Turquoise Coast’ offering a wide choice of yoga holiday retreats with world class teachers at three different but equally lovely locations.
2. Each week from the end of April to October offers an exciting opportunity for a retreat holiday with a wide range of yoga styles at each of the three venues.
3. We are inspired by the natural beauty of Turkey with its forests, mountains and stunning coastline, and by sharing it with our yoga teachers, students and guests.
1. This year we are bringing out loads of brand new products for the home and personal care. We are expanding our range of laundry products, soap and shampoo bars and we will be bringing out our own range of liquid hand soaps and liquid shampoos.
2. First out this year will be our Organic & Vegan Soapnut Liquid Laundry Detergent. The only detergent that grows on trees! All the ingredients come direct from nature. Suitable for coloured and white fabrics for both machine and hand washing at all temperatures. Our organic and vegan laundry detergent products are perfect for infants and people of all ages with skin allergies and sensitivities: In fact, results from a recent skin irritation test showed that 100% of subjects had ZERO reaction or noticeable irritation after 48 hours of exposure.
3. Our inspiration always comes from our customers and looking at our own lifestyle. You shouldn’t have to compromise on quality or pay over the odds for organic products that are free from harsh chemicals and additives. We all want to have a healthier lifestyle and we all have busy lives, we don’t want to complicate things with worrying about what toxic ingredients are in the things that we buy. We love innovative ideas, we love things that do more than you expect, we love not taking ourselves too seriously and we love that our products do not contribute to polluting the earth.
Tags: ayurveda · diet · eco-home · ethical lifestyle · events · exercise · food · gifts · health · holidays · natural cosmetics · organic food · sustainability · wellbeing · wellbeing tips · yoga